Plastics have become a huge problem for the environment in recent years. We’ve seen an explosion in their production and use, and they don’t break down easily. This means that they can end up in the environment and wreak havoc on wildlife and ecosystems. They also take a very long time to decompose, so they just keep accumulating and polluting the land and sea. It’s up to us to make changes in our lifestyles and try to reduce our reliance on plastic.
Shop Eco-Friendly Plastic Products
Ecoplastics are the Solution to the Plastic Problem
1. Plastics are non-biodegradable, meaning they don’t naturally break down in the environment and can stay around for hundreds of years. Imagine, your great great great grand child, on the beach surrounded with water bottles that you drank from.
2. Plastics often end up in our oceans, which can harm the marine life that inhabits them. Animals can get tangled in the plastics or ingest them, causing great harm. Imagine the fish, turtles, aquatic mammals that are effected by our insatiable desire to drink from plastic.
3. Plastics also release toxic chemicals into the environment, which can be damaging to our air and water quality. The sea is not the only entity affected, but our very lungs.
4. Plastics are made from petroleum, a finite resource that is becoming increasingly scarce. Why not use plastics for what is absolutely necessary, not just our conveniences.
5. Plastics production contributes to global warming, due to the large amount of energy and resources required to create them. Take a stand, make the decision that the plastic you have in your home is the last that you will purchase.